Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What project do you want to tackle next?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

What project do you want to tackle next?

Many people have long lists of projects they would love to tackle around the house and garden.

We'd love to hear from you about the one project you want to get stuck into next. 

Let us know by replying below.

I'm sure the rest of the Workshop community will be more than happy to give you some advice and help along the way. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
ProjectPete
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: What project do you want to tackle next?

Another little splashback upgrade over the weekend as planned, plus some new taps. Got a few bits and pieces like this to do before selling this house - some boring (painting), some more interesting (tiling) but nothing I'm overly excited about :unhappy: But that's what the new home is for :smile:

Apologies in advance (as always) for my poor photo taking skills.

Before

before.PNG

After

after1.jpg  after2.jpg 

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo
tallpaul
Just Starting Out

Last time I painted my eave and fascia boards was 22 years ago My color bond gutter is still in good nick for 33 years 'but it looks old. and so is the eave and fascia boards. I was going to worry about it until the wormer wither comes. But not know what is the best paint to use.
Regards
Paul
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @tallpaul,

Thanks for joining in the discussion and a very warm welcome to Workshop. We hope you get loads of helpful information and inspiration for your projects from our community members. Feel free to post whenever you need assistance or have something new to share. 

Just to clarify, would you like a recommendation for what paint to use for your eaves and fascia boards?

Jason

Desmondpoopoo
Just Starting Out

I want the plans for animal planter boxes

Welcome to Workshop @Desmondpoopoo, our online community for D.I.Y. and gardening discussion. We're pleased you could join the community and look forward to reading about your projects. 

I would recommend you go to this post - https://www.workshop.com.au/t5/Garden/Sheep-and-other-barn-yard-animals/td-p/21406 - and ask @Jamespeter100 if he could kindly share how to make his fantastic animal planters with you. I believe he makes them using pallet wood.

He has shared other great ideas here that might also inspire you - https://www.workshop.com.au/t5/Garden/Wooden-pallet-recycling-ideas/td-p/16778 and here - https://www.workshop.com.au/t5/Garden/Making-things-with-pallets/td-p/16661

Please let me know if you ever need a hand getting the most from the Workshop site. I am happy to help.

Jason

I have back laundry area to tackle - bricks to lift up and re-lay sand and re-lay bricks as they are off level and easy to trip over for myself and dog. Big job and costly (time and labour; not forgetting materials) Oh, well I need help but no-one to help me so do myself - with luck! I will succeed. A lot of people talk about painting - that's easy. I have yet to finish last room in house - to varnish the floor where I lifted up old carpet. Unfortunatly might be costly as paint spilled over floor boards and hard to lift with turps. Finish one job start the next - I am on holidays till 22nd Sept. but don't want to have to spend all my time renovation. Still yet to do my tax return and other paper work while off work. WORK NEVER ENDS! Happy renovation to all.
Bull
Just Starting Out

Front fence 3m high 3 gates 2x double 1 single. 15 meters corner then 10 meters 90° turn down 10 meters. Timber.

Cheers Bull.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Good one @Bull. Please let us know if you need a hand with anything. And a very warm welcome to the Workshop community. We're pleased you could join us and trust you will get loads of helpful information and inspiration for your projects from our members. Feel free to post whenever you need assistance or have something to share.

Jason

Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

Not a want to but a have to, water tank is leaking around the socket so time for some Knead it aqua as a hopeful easy fix.
OldDuck
Just Starting Out

Re: Reuse of 1930s wire and pipe fence

Hi Jason

I have been collecting  "stuff" for years! Think windows, doors, PC items, anything "real wood"

Last month collected,this lovely fence (with the two gates) I will repair the wire inserts and repaint,

but wondering what I could do with this? thoughts so far are: rose arbour or verandah panels.

Android/Micro not talking atm will send photos later :smile: 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects