Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How do I replace the roller on my fly screen door?

Tanya007
Just Starting Out

How do I replace the roller on my fly screen door?

I am looking to replace the entire roller system on my extremely old fly screen door but I can seem to find out how to open it so I can remove the entire thing and not just replace the roller. I need to measure it too so I can make sure I buy the right size. 

There doesn't seem to be any screws anywhere on the door for me to un screw to open? 

Any help is much appreciated!  

20230915_101042.jpg 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How do I replace the roller on my fly screen door?

Hello @Tanya007 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's marvellous to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about replacing the roller on your flyscreen door.

I suggest having a quick look at this discussion - Flyscreen door roller replacement by @DionSouthwell. Your sliding door frame looks very similar to the one in the discussion. In order to release the roller frame, I suggest drilling out the blind rivets holding the aluminium frame in place. Once you get the frame apart you should be able to remove the roller housing.  

You'll also see in the discussion the replacement part suggested. However, should your one be different, please make sure to post a photo of the roller housing and I'll try and find you a compatible set.

Please make sure to wear personal protection such as gloves, goggles and a mask when working on your project.

If you have any other question we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects