Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What ceiling fans do you recommend?

kathanable
Just Starting Out

What ceiling fans do you recommend?

Looking for best recommendations for best brand ceiling fans - need best cool air for inside home without going to air con! Replacing all old school fans with rattan blades (they weren't really great for cooling)? Anyone have any suggestions?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Ceiling fans

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @kathanable. It's marvellous to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about selecting a ceiling fan.

I'd encourage you to check out this helpful Ceiling fan buying guide: How to choose the right one for your home. You can then peruse our range of ceiling fans to select one that suits your needs and styling choices. You'll typically find that fans with larger blade widths and motors that achieve higher RPM will be the most efficient at moving air. If you are after a recommendation, I can suggest the Mercator Bright 6 Blade Ceiling Fan as it would be an efficient model that moves a significant amount of air.

It's important to remember that fans don't create cool air; they simply move the air around. So, if the ambient indoor temperature is hot, there's going to be a limited cooling effect created by them.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects