Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Need ideas for courtyard makeover please

maggiec
Just Starting Out

Need ideas for courtyard makeover please

Hi I have a property with a L shape courtyard outside. And it is just filled with black mulch now and look very dark, dirty and wasted. The outdoor area is around 80-90sqm.

Screenshot_20231201_212800_Realestate.jpg

VideoCapture_20231201-212702.jpg

VideoCapture_20231201-212707.jpg

We want to spend a bit money (affordable) to make it nicer. Eventually want to sell it for a better price. If you can please get us some ideas and how much would it cost roughly it would be great! Thanks!

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: courtyard idea

Hello @maggiec 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about transforming your courtyard.

I get the feeling that the former owner did not like lawnmowing. Nothing could be more exciting than a blank slate, this is because any idea can be explored, there are no existing structures no plant life to worry about and even the most creative layouts can be entertained.

I suggest having a look at this guide - How to give your garden a makeover by @Adam_W. There are so many ways to start, but I suggest gathering inspirational pictures that have caught your eye while you were walking in the neighbourhood, a picture in a magazine and plants that you've always wanted to have in the garden.

Gather all these elements and slowly draw it on paper to assemble your vision. Perhaps a small meandering path, an amazing water feature and of course a zen relaxation spot. I've placed some sample images below to give you an idea of what it could look like.

Here are some links that will help with your garden design:

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects