Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to renovate a caravan?

michelekeane74
Growing in Experience

How to renovate a caravan?

1000002823.jpg

1000002824.jpg

  

1000002825.jpg

1000002826.jpg

1000002827.jpg

I am renovating a caravan for my teenage son. I have never renovated anything so have no idea. I have ripped out half the caravan and have found some floor damage. I'm happy to do whatever it takes to get it right. I just want to know if when replacing and finishing do I do the floor or walls first. As I was removing damaged walls I noticed that they go under the floor... Which would be easier. And what material would I use to replace floors and walls. Any help would be appreciated. 

Re: update

Hi @michelekeane74,

No, that gap filler is not sandable. Sandable filler has little flex and will crack immediately. As @twocutekelpies has mentioned, they have concerns that even the flexible gap filler will crack and have recommended that you use joiners. I didn't recommend joiners because I presumed from your post that you've already installed the sheeting, and using joiners are no longer an option. 

The filler is typically smoothed before it is cured for a neat appearance instead of sanding later.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: update

If you're up for a further challenge, I have seen wallpaper used successfully in caravans, this would cover all your joins. 

Instagram @twocutekelpies

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects