Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to clean sandstone pool tiles?

vicki62
Just Starting Out

How to clean sandstone pool tiles?

Sandstone pool tiles have black in the tiles 

image.jpg

Jewelleryrescue
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: How to clean sandstone pool tiles

Hi @vicki62 

Looks  like a little mold  in the  sandstone recesses.  If you have a steam  cleaner I would try that as a non chemical  approach  first as the heat will kill most spores and also help clean deeper into the stone with out hurting it. 

You could also use a  pressure washer just  dont aim to close to the sand stone as the stone can be damaged.

Regular mould  cleaned  come  to mind after that exit mould being the strongest and smellest  I might use last of all.

But there is another  product that might be  a better more mild  approach I havnt tried before 

Monarch 3L Sugar Soap with Mould Remover I/N: 0076996 $13

Any new cleaning product you use  always try in an out of the way spot in case it dosnt have the desired results.

I would use a broom to apply to the stone.

Wash  off  with a hose on jet nozzle.

Hope this helps clean that nice stone of yours :smile:

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to clean sandstone pool tiles

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @vicki62. It's brilliant to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about cleaning pavers.

What type of cleaning methods have you tried so far? You might like to apply a cleaner like 30 Seconds 5L Outdoor Cleaner With Power Sprayer. I'd suggest you then use a stiff bristle broom to scrub the area down and really get down into those crevices where the discolouration has occurred. As mentioned, do a test section first to ensure the product does not reach with your paver sealer. Remember to follow the PPE directions on the product.

Some great suggestions from @Jewelleryrescue there, too.

Please let me know if you have any questions and how you go.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects