Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to replace 180 degree cabinet hinge?

Vic85
Just Starting Out

How to replace 180 degree cabinet hinge?

Hi all, sorry, this is doing my head in! I’m trying to find a replacement hinge for a corner cabinet. It has 180 degrees imprinted on it, but I can’t find any readily available hinges that have this span at Bunnings. If I don’t have any luck, could always redrill and install a new hinge, popping a cover plate/wood puttying up the old site, but this would be less than ideal. Replacement is needed as the existing one wore out from wear and tear (small metal ‘tooth’ broke off so when trying to click the two parts together they don’t lock in place)

IMG_6895.jpeg

IMG_6896.jpeg

IMG_6897.jpeg

IMG_6898.jpeg

IMG_6899.jpeg

IMG_6900.jpeg

IMG_6901.jpeg

IMG_6902.jpeg

IMG_6903.jpeg

   

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to replace 180 degree cabinet hinge?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Vic85. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about replacing cabinetry hinges.

The most effective way to match up cabinet hinges is to take your current hinge to your closest Bunnings store and have a team member assist with matching it up. The matching process involves placing your hinge alongside those that are available and selecting the closest one. Depending on the make, you will likely need to adjust the mounting screw holes, but hopefully, there's one close enough that the rebated section doesn't need to be moved.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects