Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to install a drawer below an underbench oven?

Jxc045
Getting Established

How to install a drawer below an underbench oven?

Hi, I am starting a new kitchen, and have a ridiculously small kitchen space (2,280 x 1,910), so storage and drawers where possible are needed. Is it possible to do the drawer under a single oven (looking at purchasing Westinghouse wve6314wd oven as can only use 10am plug. 

Thanks for assistance 

IMG_2762.png

IMG_2763.png

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to install a drawer below an underbench oven?

Hello @Jxc045 

Welcome to the Bunnings workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about installing a drawer under your oven.

I'm sorry but Kaboodle does not offer a purpose-built drawer to go underneath the oven cabinet. The good news is that it is possible to build a custom drawer under the oven cabinet, specifically in the kick space. The legs of the oven cabinet will have to be replaced with timber so that you can attach drawer runners on its side.

I understand that you have very limited space, would it be possible for you to post a photo of the current kitchen layout? I would be more than happy to draw up a possible layout for your kitchen.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jxc045
Getting Established

Thanks soo much Eric that would be very helpful.  It is galley at the moment and I was thinking U shaped to maximise space. I have a  wall to remove (I have engineer report) and quotes. This would give me more bench space, storage and a single dish drawer 

IMG_2766.jpeg

IMG_2765.jpeg

IMG_2764.jpeg

IMG_2445.jpeg

IMG_2265.jpeg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Jxc045 

I just wanted to double check with you on the floor plan you posted. The wall on the left is 1910mm, the one next to it is 2280mm, is the right-hand wall the same measurement 1910mm as well? What about the wall across the 2280mm how much of that wall is usable and where are the doors located? Once you give me these details, I'll be able to start drawing your kitchen.  

Eric

Jxc045
Getting Established

Thank you. I probably didn’t make it clear. The left wall is 1910, the back wall is 2280 the right one (with the window) will be 1918 right to the external doorI am going to open the area up by removing the wall beside the external door (with the shelves and spices) so it will be an open a u shape facing the living room. It is structural and I have the required report and quotes, approval to remove it.  There will be a 2330 u80 beam running between the left and right walls where the 2/3 wall is now (with the shelves across from the fridge). It’s a bit of a tricky space to fit everything in as I would like to keep a 600m fridge 🙂. Thank you again. 

Jxc045
Getting Established

Sorry 2300 u80 beam not 2330

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Jxc045 

Thank you for your patience. I've placed the sample kitchen layout below. Please have a look and tell me if I have it facing the right way. If not, please tell me the correct position and I will redraw it for you. My only other request is can you please measure the distance between benchtops.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

Jxc045
Getting Established

Thank you!  Sorta there I think. The wall with the oven is wider 2280 and the one with the fridge is1910 and the sink is 1918, so I think they are both shorter than you have drawn. Just one thing missing too is cutlery drawers, as much as I would love the pantry I don’t think it’s possible to do drawers on the bottom with a smaller pantry?  Thank you again it looks good. And shows me how it could work. Justine 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Jxc045 (Justine)

Thanks for the clarification, allow me to re-arrange that layout for you. I'll post it here as soon as I'm done.

Eric

Jxc045
Getting Established

Thanks soo much. No panic. I appreciate it. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects