Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix a chip on white laminated kitchen cupboard door?

boorinng
Just Starting Out

How to fix a chip on white laminated kitchen cupboard door?

IMG_1997.png

IMG_1991.jpeg

Hi all, when I move the furniture I accidentally hit the cupboard door in the kitchen. Now it has a chip/hole on the side of the door and I use white paint to cover it. However it is still so obvious there is a chip there. Is there anyway to fix it?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to fix a chip on white laminated kitchen cupboard door?

Hello @boorinng, 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about fixing a chip on your cupboard door.

I suggest cleaning the area of loose melamine and lightly sanding it with a Trojan 320 Grit Jumbo Sanding Sponge. Wipe the area clean with a paper towel and fill the indentation with Timbermate 250g White Wood Filler. I suggest not overfilling it so that it will be easier to sand down. Once the filler cures, seal it by using Melamine Mend Paint White 12.5ml.

Please note that the sealer will have a low sheen finish and will have a different tone of white from your existing cabinet door.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects