Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to add VJ panels to laminate bench?

curlyfox
Getting Established

How to add VJ panels to laminate bench?

Hi all. I have ugly brown laminate bench face and kitchen cupboards inherited from previous owner who had 90s taste. I would like to cover with panels but I can’t find a how to video. I see fotos of panels being nailed but am think the nails would be visible. Can the panels be glued or siliconed onto the bench facade? I’ll have to paint the cupboards with laminate paint or replace and need a how to video for that as well. 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to add VJ panels to laminate bench?

Hi @curlyfox,

Thanks for your question. We'd be happy to help.

Could we please trouble you for some photos so we can see what you are working with and provide more specific and helpful advice?

Many thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
curlyfox
Getting Established

Sure. The countertop and backsplash eyesore are also on my to do list….🙄

A45C2E37-46F1-48B1-BC9A-CCF6E22240A1.jpeg

6142F499-5795-41C9-9F42-B7D18DB91896.jpeg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @curlyfox 

Thanks for sharing those pictures of your kitchen. All of your plans can be achieved! I propose having a look at this discussion - Kitchen island EasyVJ panelling by @ProjectPete. You'll see in the photos in the discussion that the panel is being nailed to the back of the island. A combination of glue and nails is best when attaching EasyVJ panels.

Don't fret regarding the nails, it can be driven deeper, and the hole covered with filler leaving you with a flawless finish. In regards to painting the door panels, I suggest having a look at the Dulux Renovation Range. I propose leaving your splashback as is for the moment until you choose the colour for your doors. 

You might be surprised that a light-coloured door will provide excellent contrast to that very red splashback. 

Here is a link for ideas and inspiration: Top 10 most popular kitchen projects.

Here are some handy step-by-step guides:

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.  

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
curlyfox
Getting Established

Thanks Eric. You’re a legend as usual.🙂

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects