Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix chip in laminate benchtop?

Ksavage
Just Starting Out

How to fix chip in laminate benchtop?

How do I fix chip in laminate benchtop, its chipboard underneath just coloured in

benchtop chip.png

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How do I fix chip in laminate benchtop, its chipboard underneath just coloured in

Hello @Ksavage 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us and thanks for sharing your question about repairing your benchtop.

I'm so sorry, but I can hardly see the damage. If you've coloured it in, you've done very well, that was actually going to be my suggestion of repairing it. I often recommend using Waxstix Ebony Timbermate Touch Up Wax Crayon for chips on benchtop.

It's not a permanent repair and you'll need to touch it up every now and then, but this would be the quick and economical way to repair it. You could use a filler such as Selleys 50g Knead It Multi Purpose Epoxy Putty, but you'll need to paint its surface so that it matches your benchtop colour. Unfortunately, the putty does not come in black.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects