Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix loose bathroom tap?

androidhaig
Getting Established

How to fix loose bathroom tap?

Our bathroom tap has come loose - is there a way to fix it? It's hard to get underneath the sink but it doesn't look like there's much holding it in place above or below the sink? 

IMG_1341.jpegIMG_1342.jpegIMG_1337.jpeg

Akanksha
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: How to fix loose bathroom tap?

Hello @androidhaig,

Thanks for your question. Our resident Bunnings D.I.Y. expert @EricL will be happy to provide suggestions on tightening your bathroom tap. Let me also tag our ever-helpful members @CSParnell@JDE and @Jewelleryrescue for their thoughts.

Akanksha

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jewelleryrescue
Kind of a Big Deal

Hi @androidhaig 

That tap usually will have a screw on locking  nut under the tap from under the basin side.  so look for a large dia nut hanging on the hoses. Your one looks like it might screw internally into the body of that tap .

Another possibility is I have seen those locking nuts rusted completly through in the past  and destroyed in  which case it is time  for a new mixer tap of which are not always super pricy.

@EricL   will have more experiance here to assist you further.

CSParnell
Amassing an Audience

Hey All, a picture says a thousand words, a video says a million that's why I'm going to just post this

https://youtu.be/Q_GSxlf5vh0?si=DXqbW9-CIlx22gKx

Hope that help.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @androidhaig 

Thanks for sharing your question about your bathroom tap. Did you find a brass threaded post with a half-moon washer anywhere near the bottom of the vanity? It looks like the Kinetic Mixer Tap Fixing Kit.

The general steps to assembly is to screw the threaded brass post into the bottom of the basin mixer. You then slot in the half-moon rubber washer followed by the galvanized half-moon washer. To hold everything in place there is a brass nut that needs to be screwed onto the brass rod.

I've placed images below to give yo an idea of how it is fixed in place. The tool you'll need to use is called a Magnet Mixer Tap Spanner Set.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects