Workshop
Ask a question

Topics with Label: Building and Construction

NickTheGreek
Community Newcomer
1 reply

Hi Team, I am looking to build a 1.8m front yard fence in order to eliminate as much road noise as possible. We've decided on a modern type picket fe ...

Lboyd
Community Newcomer
1 reply

Hi How do i make a Simple version of this cat enclosure, any ideas please and what materials would i need It doesnt need to be as high but needs to ...

makingitup
Community Newcomer
1 reply

I am planning a low level deck. I understand concerns about rot if there is not enough clearance. Has anyone used joists made of composite material to ...

cassieandrews
Building a Reputation
17 replies

After the previous owners of our house subdivided the block, our backyard was left unfinished. Together my partner and I set out to transform the ba ...

Matthewsl
Just Starting Out
1 reply

Hi, We have a back fence that has a gap underneath. Unfortunately the neighbour behind's land drops about 60-80cm below ours. Our dirt is falling int ...

martyjames
Finding My Feet
8 replies

After further research and helpful input from you guys i am now planning to build an approximately 3m x 3m deck (no pergola) over a slightly sloping c ...

ricm
Just Starting Out
12 replies

Hi there, Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated... We are building a new deck in an area with pavers in the back. We have an uneven area of ...

Case
Just Starting Out
6 replies

Hello, I'm looking for suggestions on how to tackle the sloped area between my fence and driveway, especially since there aren't enough retaining wa ...

vas90
Getting Established
7 replies

Hi,Have been looking at ways that I can limit the amount of water around the the first level of bricks in the images. Would it cause any issues to do ...

luckyphilh2os
Just Starting Out
8 replies

I need something better than glue. Any suggestions please. Hello. Recently we had our roof tiles replaced.The roofer used the concrete roof over the ...

steveof2620
Cultivating a Following
5 replies

Hello, I have installed a modular decking in my courtyard out back using the good times decking solution from Bunnings. I am pretty sure I used the Me ...

manninkin33
Just Starting Out
1 reply

What is the best timber to use on my rendered home externally around the windows to create a frame lock?

PKUTZ1
Just Starting Out
2 replies

   

SammyT
Just Starting Out
1 reply

Hi workshop community, We’re planning on creating a stepping stone path along this side of our house. We are using tobishi stepping stones with Ca ...

mukeshkaura1
Finding My Feet
1 reply

Hello experts, can I please take your opinion on how to get these Matrix garden screens installed? The tools and accessories required to get them up. ...

fugly
Just Starting Out
1 reply

  How do we lay a gravel and paver driveway on sand please?

ashriyavarri
Growing in Experience
6 replies

Hi Team, I am Ashriya and you might already know from my previous posts - making a seedling planting system. I have came up with another idea.  uhm ...

martyjames
Finding My Feet
6 replies

Hi I am wanting to build a small 3m by 3m deck with pergola. The decking material will be composite decking. A landscape architect drew a simple plan ...

VISHNIL
Just Starting Out
2 replies

I have 40sq mt of area in backyard. I find it difficult to keep neat and clean. Can i build concrete deck? and the tile over .Wooden deck loos nice bu ...

ashriyavarri
Growing in Experience
23 replies

I am making a DIY project called a seedling planting system and I am stuck in this specific part of the project. The watering system. Is there a way t ...

Ginger1
Just Starting Out
3 replies

Hey team and community, I've been enjoying reading other brilliant posts on this topic and I have learnt a lot but still need some 'yay or nay' input ...

MamaCass
Just Starting Out
3 replies

Hi There, I am using 190x190x390 cinder blocks to build a bench seat that will be topped off with inset 18mm ply and a piece of custom foam. I am onl ...

RavitGlance
Just Starting Out
1 reply

Hi, I am looking to build a fence using Reo mesh and wooden or metal posts. The dimensions of the fence will be approximately 20 meters in length, wi ...

Graeme50
Getting Established
3 replies

Hello, I'm looking to build a wall using plywood (for kids' ball games). I believe that I can either use "marine plywood" or "external plywood". Bun ...