Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What is the size of the waterproof casing on Ryobi power washer?

LoriGee
Finding My Feet

What is the size of the waterproof casing on Ryobi power washer?

Hello

Does anyone know the dimensions of the clear waterproof casing to cover the battery on the Ryobi One compact power washer?

I have the, ONE+ 9Ah 18volt Lithium +HP Batteries, which I think are bigger/deeper (@ 7.5 cm high) than the usual 4Ah Lithium re-chargeables?I am a long way from a store or I would take a 9Ah  battery there to check if they fit the water proofing case...Thanks for your help. Happy 2024

Jewelleryrescue
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Ryobi Power Washer

Happy new year @LoriGee 

Sorry matey that ones gone to my too hard basket as I am not familiar that power washer. I dont want to give you a bum steer on some iffy advice

The dumbest answer I have is just stick with the  batteries that fit.  OR 

Does  ryobi have a  help line>

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @LoriGee. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about Ryobi battery compatibility.

I presume it's either the Ryobi 18V ONE+ Compact Power Scrubber or Ryobi ONE+ 18V Telescopic Pole Scrubber that you're referring to. This note in their manuals: The battery cover is not designed to accommodate a battery capacity above 5.0Ah. So, unfortunately, the 9Ah batteries will not fit and allow you to close the compartment door, which is the intended design to prevent water from accessing the battery.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hello Mitchell,

Thanks for replying -no dimensions are stated- hence my query.

Just disposed of 6 which have given many years of service but stopped re-charging.

Bought the 9Ah's supposing they won't need re-charging so frequently and so may last longer?

Cheers

Hi @LoriGee 

I agree  i would  want the bigger battery too  :smile:

In the worst case would  plastic bag fit over the top.   And  unlessyou spraying the machine its self it wont get wet maybe.

I hope  the cover fits as the best  result/

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects