Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to transform an 80’s home?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

How to transform an 80’s home?

In the upcoming Make It Happen series, you can watch the Bunnings team breathe new life into a typical suburban Australian home.

The series features interior designer and stylist Jono Fleming, landscape designer and landscaper Inge Jabara and builder Tim Clark.

Before kicking off the project, the team conducted a poll asking what Australians would like to see in a renovated home.

The first question was: “What should the overall design be?” The options were Hamptons, Scandinavian, Mid-Century Modern, or Modern Australian.

What would your choice be and why?

Let me tag some experienced members to kick off the discussion: 

@homeinmelbourne@redbournreno@prettyliving and @Jewelleryrescue   

MakeItHappenHouseBefore.jpg

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to transform an 80’s home?

And here's a trailer for the series, which kicks off on March 2.

Hope you enjoy it. 

Jason

prettyliving
Amassing an Audience

I love a bit of mid century modern, where you can combine a bit of old and a bit of new. 👌🏻

Oooooh I'm excited too!  This is just the type of project that I love doing.  

For the overall design........Modern Australian for me!  For that cute house I think Modern Australian would be perfect.  

I'm am so looking forward to this series. 😋

KatieC
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

I would love to see this home with a Scandinavian design. Scandi is function-forward and minimal but really leans into high craftsmanship and I think our Bunnings team would be able to create some really beautifully crafted spaces. I am a big fan of how this style is all about natural light, lighter tones, and warm textures, elements that makes your home more of a lifestyle. @Renowayoflife, @lifestylebymari, and @diy_hausdesigns I would love to know which you would choose.  

Looking forward to see what the experts and our Bunnings team members created!

Katie

Wow what an amazing project! 

for me it would have to be either Scandinavian or mid century modern.

I love a DIY challenge and transforming a brick home into one of these styles would be such a great challenge.

Although different styles there are a lot of similarities, incorporating natural elements, clean lines. I can’t wait to see what you do with it! 

OMG cannot wait! 

An 80's home, the dream of anyone who loves a good renovation and DIY :smile: 

I can see this house fitting in many styles, but if it was me I would love to see a Mediterranean style mixed with Eclectic, with lots of timber, textures and colour. 

I am sure the house will look amazing and I am so excited to watch the experts and the Bunnings team members in action.

Mari :smile: 

Morden Australian all the way ! It's truly a style and achi-type that's come into its own !!! 

----
Yours Kindly. For more, please follow @diy_hausdesigns
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for all the replies everyone. Keep the discussion going!

Today's question based on the Make It Happen series is: Do you prefer render or cladding over brick?

And here's the results of the original question: What should the overall design style be?

• Modern Australian: 36%
  • Hamptons: 33%
  • Scandi: 16%
  • Mid-Century Modern: 14%

I look forward to reading more of your thoughts.

Jason

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects