Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to reduce dust when cutting concrete?

elbow
Getting Established

How to reduce dust when cutting concrete?

Hey Guys & Girls

I need to build my sills and architraves for my new double-glazed windows but i need to cut the surrounding concrete lower as per the pic - However, i have a grinder that i can use to cut along the concrete but I'm worried about the amount of dust and was wondering how i can reduce the dust or at least prevent the dust from getting all over the rest of the room. I know i can fit a hoover attachment to the grinder but they're a bit expensive for my current budget at $60-$70. Perhaps plastic sheets from the ceiling down to the floor to create an enclosure around the windows, i dunno. Any suggestions or ideas would be hugely appreciated  🙏

cut this down to lower levelcut this down to lower level

elbow
Getting Established

Re: How to reduce dust when cutting concrete?

this stuff hurts my brain for sure! - Going back to your suggestion of the hardi-plank - im guessing i should use that for the reveals too for the same reason re moisture?

Dave-1
Home Improvement Guru

Re: How to reduce dust when cutting concrete?

:smile: @elbow 

I was actually meaning more thinking from me for a different solution :smile: But yeah it does hurt the head for sure! It will disappear once you decide and implement the one you want tho :smile:

Not sure what you mean about the hardiplank, think auto type messed it up. But yeah always consider moisture and espeically long term moisture. Anything porus on a window sill I expect to absorb moisture any chance it gets.

Dave

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects