Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to mount a bracket to a decorative architrave?

suzhas1
Just Starting Out

How to mount a bracket to a decorative architrave?

Hi,

I need to install the centre bracket of two linked roller blinds onto a decorative architrave about halfway across the width of the window.  The footprint of the bracket has one screw at the top (easy to install on a flat part of the architrave) and one screw beneath it.  Because the lower screw is not on a flat part of the architrave, I'm wondering how to fill the space between the back of the bracket and the architrave (there will be visible screw in fresh air).  The attached picture shows the type of bracket on a flat architrave, and another picture shows my decorative architrave.IMG_20240112_193611_MP.jpg

Screenshot_20240112_204019_YouTube.jpg

Jewelleryrescue
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: mounting a bracket to a decorative architrave

Hi @suzhas1 

I had a similar  situation with curtain rod mounts.

Consider  using a piece of ply wood pre drilled so it dosnt splinter as a mounting packer. If  need be use two thickness of ply or  other wood, . paint them to blend in to  wall,

Hope that helps

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: mounting a bracket to a decorative architrave

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @suzhas1. It's great to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about mounting a blind bracket.

It sounds like @Jewelleryrescue is on the money there. The only way I can think of to make it look a bit neater would be to cut out that section of the architrave, install a rectangular section of timber, and fill around it so it blends seamlessly into the architrave.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects