Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to glue plasterboard to masonry?

elbow
Getting Established

How to glue plasterboard to masonry?

Hey Guys, i'm not sure what product i should be using to glue to plasterboard to masonry - i'm building a casement for my windows and therefore need to stick the plasterboard to the masonry to build the reveals and jambs - Can anyone suggest what i need. I've had a look on Bunnings site and saw Gyprock CSR 20kg Drywall Masonry Adhesive but it  has a low rating.  Any ideas are much appreciated. 🙏👀

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to glue plasterboard to masonry?

Hi @elbow,

As per the Gyprock installation guide, Gyprock CSR 20kg Drywall Masonry Adhesive is the correct product to use for your purposes. I note the one review on the product, but I can assure you it's used successfully on thousands of installations yearly. Remember that you need to apply it to the sheet and fix the sheet in position as soon as possible. It's not a product where you can apply it, go have a cup of tea, and then return to fix it in position. Alternatively, you can use Gyprock CSR 1kg Acrylic Stud Adhesive in combination with fixings. However, once again, as soon as you have applied the adhesive the sheet needs to be positioned on the wall.

You will find details for both fixing methods in the guide above.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
elbow
Getting Established

Re: How to glue plasterboard to masonry?

Hey Mitchell

Thank you so much for a great answer, very much appreciated  :smile: 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects