Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix this brick wall before tiling?

etmomoabc
Growing in Experience

How to fix this brick wall before tiling?

Hi guys. May I ask how to fix the brick wall. The brick wall in the bathroom will be tiled in the end. What product should I use to repair the holes on it?

1000002071.jpg

etmomoabc
Growing in Experience

Re: Choose cement fiber board

However, I want to do surface rendering. Patterns or colors. Wet-area shower panels may not be able to do surface rendering.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Choose cement fiber board

Hello @etmomoabc 

If you were to render your wall with Rockcote 20kg Grey Quick Render, the thickness would vary from 6mm to 15mm depending on how bad the surface of your wall is. If you were to use James Hardie Villaboard the thinnest panel you could use would be 6mm.

Since you are worried about your water mixers, I suggest doing a quick experiment. Get a piece of cardboard or timber offcut that is 6mm thick. Place it right next to your water mixer and install the cover flange and handle. You might be surprised that the cover and handle will still fit with no issues. 

The reason for this is that most shower mixers and tap spindles have room to adjust for these kinds of situations. Just keep in mind that anything you add to your wall will reduce the adjustment level of your mixers, so I suggest testing thicker materials if you want and you'll find out what the limit is for your shower mixers.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects