Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Grid Connect Light Bulb RGB Automation

ange_V
Just Starting Out

Grid Connect Light Bulb RGB Automation

IMG_4293.png

IMG_4291.png

IMG_4292.png

Hi,

I am trying to set up my grid connect Arlec light bulb (see screenshot for specific bulb I’m using) in a scene/automation to turn it on to a specific colour.

I have tried setting it up directly in the automation section as well as setting up a scene and automating the scene but whatever I do it only turns on as white (not any RGB colour as I’d like).

I have the automation stuff sorted and working on the white light but can’t figure out how to do it set to a colour. 

Please see screenshots to show what I am seeing in the app when I try to set up a scene/automation, you can see it gives me the option to set the mode to white, colour, scene or music sync but no matter which one I select it aways turns on the lamp to white :unhappy:

In the strip lights as well behind my TV and I have I get the option to select which colour I want in the automation for that product but not for the regular light bulbs.

help!

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Grid Connect Light Bulb RGB Automation

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @ange_V. It's great to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about the Grid Connect system.

Let me mention a couple of our smart home enthusiasts @CSParnell and @GreenHouse to see if they might have a solution. If they don't have an answer we might need to contact Grid Connect after the weekend to work out whether pre-setting the colour is an option.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Grid Connect Light Bulb RGB Automation

Hi @ange_V,

I've spoken to Grid Connect, and they have advised that whilst setting up your scene, there should be an "action" option. Within it, you'll be able to pre-select the colour you'd like the globe to turn on as.

If you have no luck with that the Grid Connect team have asked if you can please email them at techenquiries@arlec.com.au so they can walk you through the steps.

Please let me know how you go.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects