Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What type of screw and timber to start a tree house project?

Jerry1
Finding My Feet

What type of screw and timber to start a tree house project?

Hi,

I am thinking to build a tree house with my kids. With absolutely no idea what to do, so I searched up YouTube trying to learn to build. Sadly, none of these tutorials taught me what tools and materials to buy.

The first step is to attach the timber on to the tree, like the picture below. But what kind of screws and what type of timber to buy? Can someone guide me through please?

There will be a lot of questions during the entire project but seems I am already stuck at the very beginning. :smile:

Snipaste_2022-12-12_17-37-14.png

Dan_M
Building a Reputation

Re: What type of screw and timber to start a tree house project?

Those are the philosophies I used during my build; with some improvised Tabs made from locally sourced bits. Over 3 years since build and some crazy storms, and everything is still sitting perfectly ! It is surprising seeing the movement in even large trees - mine are WA Tuarts - a local Eucalypt; approx 50cm diameter; and i=on a windy day, I can see 1-2cm of movement at the platform of treehouse. If the structure was attached solidly to trunk; it would be torn apart. Mine 'floats' perfectly :smile:

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects