Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What adhesive for coping tiles on fibreglass pool lip?

preid
Finding My Feet

What adhesive for coping tiles on fibreglass pool lip?

I need to replace a broken coping tile on the edge of our fibreglass pool and wanted to check suggestions for the best adhesive that will bond to the fibreglass. It's a 300 x 300 terracotta tile and fits over the fibreglass lip of the pool plus where it meets the concrete surround (approx 80% fibreglass then 20% concrete). There appears to have been a gritty grey/black adhesive layer applied previously. Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: What adhesive for coping tiles on fibreglass pool lip?

Great to have you join us @preid. Welcome to the community.

It might help members if you could share a few photos so they can see what you are working with. Let me know if you need a hand uploading some images.

Let me also tag our resident Bunnings D.I.Y. expert @EricL to recommend some products for you.

Feel free to post anytime you need a hand or have a project to share. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Adhesive for Coping Tiles on Fibreglass Pool lip

Hello @preid 

Allow me to make some inquiries regarding what adhesive to use on your coping. As soon as I have more information, I'll get back to you.

Thanks for your patience.

Eric

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @preid 

Thank you for your patience. I suggest using Dunlop 310ml Tile-All Plus Premixed Tile Adhesive. You can use it on aluminium, concrete, fibre-cement sheet, fibreglass, glass, glazed and unglazed ceramic tiles, metal, plasterboard, plastics, polystyrene foam, plywood, timber, wood.

It's a multi-purpose adhesive and sealant in one. It's suitable for replacing tiles underwater in swimming pools and water features. Plus, it has excellent strength and is highly flexible.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

preid
Finding My Feet

Thanks for the feedback Eric.I will give Tile-All a go.

Cheers-Peter Reid

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Keep us updated, @preid, and please reach out again if you require further assistance.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects