Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Options for floor base for Alfresco area to cover concrete?

Rubii
Just Starting Out

Options for floor base for Alfresco area to cover concrete?

Has anyone got any suggestions on what I can lay on top of concrete to cover my alfresco area? The concrete base isn’t smooth as it was going to be tiled but is there other options that a very new DIY person could do by their self? TIA

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Floor base for Alfresco area

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Rubii. It's a pleasure to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about suitable coverings for concrete.

You might like to start by sharing some images of the area you'd like to cover. Once we can see what you're working with, our members will have a much better idea of what helpful solutions they can suggest.

Off the top of my head, you could have the concrete ground back smooth or self-level it and paint it. You could build a low-level deck over it. Some large exterior rugs could be used to break up the surface and add interest. Synthetic turf might be an option, and some very nice options are available. If you wouldn't consider tiling with an adhesive, perhaps you could consider paving over the concrete instead.

I look forward to seeing some area images and offering further assistance.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects