Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to make a plyometric box?

leighmatt
Finding My Feet

How to make a plyometric box?

Would it be possible to make something similar with products from bunnings

https://www.artofmanliness.com/health-fitness/fitness/how-to-make-a-plyometric-box/

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: making a plyo box

Hi @leighmatt,

You'll find everything you need for this project at your local Bunnings store.

It appears that they are using a sheet of 2400 x 1200 x 19mm plywood for this project. To reduce the cost of materials, you could likely get away with using SpecRite 2400 x 1200mm 17mm Plywood Pine Film Faced Non Structural instead. My only concern with using the film-faced ply is that if any liquid gets on the film, it could become quite slippery. The other tools and materials they've listed are: Circular saw or table saw, drill driver, measuring tape, straight edge, wood glue and 50mm wood screws.

For the cut timber sections, you'll need two pieces each of 711 x 508mm, 711 x 571 and 571x 470mm. I'd suggest you have a chat with a team member in your local store's timber department. Although these are some fairly precise measurements, which would normally be considered outside of our cutting abilities, the team member might be confident in cutting those segments out for you.

I'm keen to assist you further with your project. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects