Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to select tiles for alfesco area?

RK07
Growing in Experience

How to select tiles for alfesco area?

Hi Team,

After completing my first project, "Garage Epoxy," I'm now gearing up for my next endeavor. I'm interested in tiling our alfresco area, but I lack prior experience in this area. Could you please offer advice on selecting the right tile size, choosing suitable tiles, and identifying the necessary tools for this project?

Additionally, do you have any links to reference existing projects that I can study for guidance?

I am attaching pictures of the alfresco area for reference. The area is approximately 3.0m x 3.0m.

20230923_133935.jpg20230923_133946.jpg

Thank you in advance.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Alfresco Tiling / Outdoor Tiling

Hi @RK07,

A great place to start would be following this step-by-step guide: How to lay floor tiles. The guide will provide all the required tools for the project, including an angle grinder, bucket, mixer, notch trowel, spirit level, sponge, tape measure, tile cutter, and a trowel. Remember your PPE including a facemask, gloves and safety glasses.  For a member project check out @Sugar's discussions on How to lay tiles for patio?

We have an excellent range of floor tiles for you to choose from and the size and style are up to your personal preference.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Akanksha
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: How to select tiles for alfesco area?

Hello @RK07,

Great to see you've received advice from Mitch regarding tiling your outdoor area. I also wanted to recommend checking out this guide How to tile an outdoor area by experienced renovator Adam Woodhams (@Adam_W). It contains many tips that you might find useful.

For more inspiration, you can also have a look at this popular project: Mediterranean-inspired outdoor renovation by @LaCasaDIY 

Good luck with your project. We look forward to seeing updates as it progresses. 

Akanksha

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects