Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to repair a Colorbond fence?

countrychic77
Just Starting Out

How to repair a Colorbond fence?

hi guys

i have a driveway Colourbond fence that's uneven at the top because the middle sheets isn't even like the side ones are and what type of cordless drill and piece and screws that you would need because we got hire hubby that did it and i try to reach out with them last year sometime and as usual no reply and i have try to contact people but they are asking to much money just a few things need to be done so i just need tools and screws i need as i have a housemate who has a disability and i have no one to ask for help so what would you guys suggested. thanks

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: repair a Colourbond fence

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @countrychic77. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about repairing a Colorbond fence.

You might like to post a picture of the fence to illustrate the issue for our helpful members. That way, they'd be much better placed to offer informed responses. Let me know if you need a hand uploading images.

It sounds like you'd like to extend the lower section of the fence so it is flush with the higher sections. Typically a drill driver and tex screws are used for Colorbond steel. Were you thinking of screwing an additional piece of Colorbond panel onto the lower section? Perhaps some screening could be run along the top of the fence and screwed into the top rail to hide the discrepancy in height.

I'm keen to see the fence and offer further assistance. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects