Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to mount clothesline to a brick wall?

foxhound
Growing in Experience

How to mount clothesline to a brick wall?

We recently had our fencing done and I asked a fencer to mount the clothesline as well as part of the deal.

He has been back and forth three times and finally he has given up advising that my bricks are hollow and won't be able to mount because screw bolts gets very lose as he tightens them up.

So I am left with 4 holes (drilled by him) which means one less worry for me.

4 screw bolts as in the image attached. Unsure of size and dimension of these.

Requesting all the pros here to advise a way to get the clothesline installed in to this brick wall ideally in all pre drilled holes.

20230829_181101.jpg20230829_181936.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Mounting clothesline on to a brick wall

Hello @foxhound 

Thanks for sharing your question about mounting your clothesline. What are the odds of all 4 bolts landing in the hollow of the brick? In this particular situation, I suggest using Ramset 300ml Chemset UltraFix Plus in combination with Ramset M10 x 130mm Galvanised Chemset Stud along with Ramset Multifit Sieve - 4 Pack.

I recommend using a chemical anchor because it is best suited for hollow installations. Using a Dynabolt or Ankascrew won't be effective as there is nothing to anchor onto. Whereas a chemical anchor fills the space and creates its own internal anchor in the hollow of the brick.

Please remember to wear personal protection such as gloves and goggles when working on your installation.

Here is a handy step-by-step guide:

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Bell_1986
Cultivating a Following

Re: Mounting clothesline on to a brick wall

How did this go?!?! @foxhound I'm in the same boat atm lmao.... 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects