Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to choose a video door bell for home?

ValMagee
Finding My Feet

How to choose a video door bell for home?

What is the best video door bell i can install at my home. Nothing high tech, something practical

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: What is the best video door bell i can install at my home. Nothing high tech, something pract...

Hello @ValMagee 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's splendid to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about which video doorbell is best.

Based on the four-and five-star ratings review of the product I suggest having a look at the Ring Video Doorbell 2nd Generation – Satin Nickel. This unit easily covers the basics such as motion detection, night vision, WiFi connectivity and comes with preset modes that make setup easy. Plus, it comes with Rings default features such as two way talk and live view capabilities.

My favourite part is the battery will last anywhere from six to twelve months and it also sends you an alert when its low on battery and needs a recharge. You also have the option of having it hardwired into your electrical system.

Let me call on our experienced members @CSParnell and @MikeTNZ for their recommendations. 

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to choose a video door bell for home?

I have had a Ring video doorbell for about five years @ValMagee. There is a reason why they are so popular. They are a terrific product. I can certainly recommend them as easy to install and use, and good value. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: How to choose a video door bell for home?

Thank you Jason, for your kind input.

Re: What is the best video door bell i can install at my home. Nothing high tech, something pract...

hello Eric

Many thanks for coming back to me with your valued information.

I will definitely take this on board when making my purchase.

With regards

Valerie

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects