Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to add a wind sensor to a Windoware Full Cassette Folding Arm Motorised Awning?

SharleneMA
Getting Established

How to add a wind sensor to a Windoware Full Cassette Folding Arm Motorised Awning?

I'm interested in buying 2 x Windoware 4 x 3m Night Sky Outdoor Full Cassette Folding Arm Motorised Awning. One review stated they had added an after-market wind sensor and I was wondering if anyone else had been successful and with what product?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to add a wind sensor to a Windoware Full Cassette Folding Arm Motorised Awning?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @SharleneMA. We're really pleased to have you join us. I trust you'll get loads of helpful advice and inspiration for all your projects from our clever and creative members.

Let me tag one of our resident Bunnings D.I.Y. experts in @EricL to assist you. He will probably need to reach out to the supplier to discuss your options.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: HAS ANYONE ADDED A WIND SENSOR TO A Windoware Full Cassette Folding Arm Motorised Awning

Hi @SharleneMA 

Thanks for sharing your question about installing a wind sensor on your motorised awning. Allow me to make a few inquiries regarding the wind sensor. As soon as I have more information, I'll get back to you.

Eric

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to add a wind sensor to a Windoware Full Cassette Folding Arm Motorised Awning?

Hello @SharleneMA 

Thank you very much for your patience. The product that you are after is called the FCWS - Full Cassette Wind Sensor. This is the code the supplier gave me for the Windoware product you are about to purchase. The wind sensor will need to be ordered as a special ordered product at the special orders desk. As it is an off-range item it will be necessary to visit your local store and ask the special orders team for a quote so that they can give you a price for the sensor.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

SharleneMA
Getting Established

Thanks so much Eric! I actually has also contacted the Windoware and been told the same, but they have given the name of a local company that I ordered the sensor through. So glad there is a high quality solution!

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @SharleneMA 

I'm glad you got the wind sensor sorted out. Please make sure to post an update, I'm sure our members will be keen to see what your motorised awning will look like once installed.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

SharleneMA
Getting Established

Hi Eric. Just an update on this - I ordered and received the sensor without a problem through another WA blinds supplier. Unfortunately the box with the sensor came with no installation instructions. After ringing and emailing Windoware themselves, I was emailed the install/operation instructions. Unfortunately again I learnt that the 1 channel remotes that are supplied with the awning won't allow the sensor to pair with them, so a 15 channel remote must now be ordered to be able to use the sensor with the blind. I'm assuming though that now both awnings can be paired with the remote as well, which is a welcome upgrade. Also, an electrictrician must hardwire the sensor, so there's an added cost too. I think it'll be worth it though as the awnings are in a location that sometimes sees high winds and is shading quite expansive and high west facing sliding doors so the automation is imperative to extend the longevity of these awnings. 

Thanks for the update @SharleneMA. Glad to see you are close to a solution to your problem.

Feel free to reach out if you ever need a hand with a project around the house or garden. We're here to help.

Jason

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects