Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How do I stick greenery tiles to a Colourbond fence?

Nivanthi
Just Starting Out

How do I stick greenery tiles to a Colourbond fence?

Hi all,

I am trying to stick these tiles onto my colourbond screen. There is no way I can hang it nor can i screw into it as I am renting. I have tried to use Scotch-Mount Extreme Double-Sided Mounting Tape 2.5cm x 1.5m but that did not work. Any help would be great please. 

WhatsApp Image 2023-12-05 at 2.05.04 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-12-05 at 2.05.06 PM.jpeg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How do I stick greenery tiles to a Colourbond fence?

Hi @Nivanthi,

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. We're thrilled to have you join us.

Apologies for the slow reply. Let me tag one of our resident Bunnings D.I.Y. experts in @EricL to suggest some products for you to consider. Let me also tag some other helpful members in @royq@Shannon and @TedBear to see how they would go about attaching the panels to a Colorbond fence.

Please feel free to post anytime you need a hand or have a new project to share.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jewelleryrescue
Kind of a Big Deal

Hi @Nivanthi 

As you only renting and you want tempary solution consider buying some wire and making a hook and hanging it over top top of the corrigated iron metal top edge.

Wire needs to be  strong enough to hold is hook shape but not so strong its to hard to bend into shape and pliers will help  here.

I would pre join all the greenery panels  and if need  be wire  then together at need to make a blanket.

As the wire hangs down loop behind and  through the plastic greenery mesh supporting at the top of  the  blanket you may wish a longer wire threaded in out through greenery mesh down the wall  to add support.

If possible cut and hook the last bit of wire at the bottom on the bottom of  the metal sheeting so a wind is less likly to get under the hanging blanket. and flip it around on a windy day like a sheet on clothes line.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Nivanthi 

My apologies for the late reply. It's great that you've received excellent advice from @Jewelleryrescue. Just to add to the suggestions made, I recommend using cable ties to join the UN-REAL 50 x 50cm Pittosporum Artificial Hedge together in combination with Jewelleryrescue's suggestion of using wire. There is also the possibility of using Zenith 34cm Zinc Plated Square Shed Hook.

Once you've stitched the hedge together with cable ties you can use the square shed hook to hang the artificial hedge on the Colorbond fence. 

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects