Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

BBQ workbench

DesRigby
Cultivating a Following

BBQ workbench

We are thrilled with our new BBQ Workbench. It was a simple project for my partner Carol. It was assembled using Racking and a beautiful Bamboo Timber Benchtop.  Hooks, a removeable side shelf and sturdy castor's have been added, making it extremely functional. Everything was purchased at bunnings and total cost around $200. It's the perfect height to use as a prep bench for all our barbequing and pizza making.   #bunnings #bbq #workshopcommunity 

20190119_155749.jpg

20190119_084403.jpg

20190119_090802.jpg

20180826_121058.jpg

20190119_153543.jpg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: BBQ Workbench

That looks brilliant @DesRigby. Many thanks for sharing your first project with the Workshop community. It's great to have you join us and we look forward to seeing many more. Perhaps your next post could add to this discussion kicked off by @MoonshineBen - the 2019 BBQ thread. It would be great to read about some of your cooks in the Fornetto!

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Stuardo
Becoming a Leader

Re: BBQ workbench

Very sturdy and industrial looking @DesRigby. The bamboo bench top sets it off nicely. I like it a lot.

Cheers,

Stuart

MartyH
Amassing an Audience

Awesome. Love the bamboo benchtop.

redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Amazing build! Those ribs are mouth watering! I would hate to see your creation battered by the elements! That smoker looks great! May I suggest a cover for both the table and the smoker. I saw one on the Bunninngs website a 4 burner cover but you may have to double check for sizing. The cover will protect your table and the smoker from both rain and sun. It will also prevent night visitors
( possums ) from using your table as a gathering point. Other than that pass me a plate and add extra sauce on my ribs please!

This should do nicely come rain or shine!This should do nicely come rain or shine! 

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

KevinMall
Making a Splash

nice work indeed.  love the use of bamboo timber against the black shelving legs. 

Bendt
Getting Established

That looks brilliant! 

DesRigby
Cultivating a Following

Thanks for your reply and suggestions for covers.  We do already have a cover for the smoker and have a large heavy duty plastic bag that fits nicely over the workbench to protect from the elements 🙂

mich1972
Kind of a Big Deal

Oh this is great ! 😍

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects