Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Alfresco low-level composite deck

frediynewbie
Building a Reputation

Alfresco low-level composite deck

I always wanted to have a deck over our alfresco area since we moved into our new home. Our alfresco is only just about 10sqm so I decided to double the size and make it 20sqm by extending the deck past the concrete slab and over some soil. I used composite decking and some decking lights around the picture frame border. This is my first big DIY project and I'm happy how it turned out. 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Alfresco low-level composite deck

Hello @kanga 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us.

Let me tag @frediynewbie to make them aware of your question. There are several types of LED deck lights available at the store. I suggest having a look in the electrical section on your next visit. Some even have WiFi connectivity and RGB changing hues. So please have a good look before making your final selection.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
frediynewbie
Building a Reputation

Nailbag
Making a Splash

Nice work. Love the lighting to👌

leamary
Growing in Experience

Wow! Wow! Just a fantastic job. Congratulations. I love the lights.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Would you like to add similar lights to your deck @leamary or were you planning on building a deck? I trust our knowledgeable members would be keen to provide the advice needed to complete the project. They'd certainly add a lovely ambience to the area, and given that they are low-voltage, it can be a D.I.Y. job.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects