Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Moody bedroom makeover

Mel_Langford
Growing in Experience

Moody bedroom makeover

Moody Vibes in my bedroom makeover. DIY bedhead using maritime pine and Feast Watson's Brown Japan stain, and the wall colour is a gorgeous dark blue called Black Forest (Taubmans' Easy Coat interior).

Steps

Step 1

Screenshot_20230712-145029.png

I joined my pieces of wood using the Biscuit Joiner and Taskmaster size 20 biscuit joiners , and Aquadhere pva wood glue exterior  and let it dry between each row.

Step 2

Screenshot_20230712-145255.png

I cut out the rectangles for the lights by firstly drilling holes in the corners to fit the jigsaw blade. Then cut out the rectangles. This was very nerve wracking!

Step 3

Screenshot_20230712-145103(1).png

I tested on the back the bedhead 1 and 2 coats of sanding sealer and also how long to leave the stain on. For my pieces of pine, I only needed 1 coat of Feast Watson Sanding Sealer  and 2 very quick coats of Feast Watson Brown Japan interior stain . After I applied the stain and it was dried, I screwed on the bedside tables.

Step 4

Screenshot_20230712-152543.png

I ended up putting a hidden shelf to rest against the back wall as I needed quite a space behind to allow for the cords and power sockets. I used the Black melamine shelf for hidden shelf , cut it to 11.5cm wide and attached it with brackets.

Step 5

Screenshot_20230712-150702.png

I prepped the walls with sugar soap, then cut in the edges using a edging paintbrush. Then used a roller to apply 3 coats of Taubmans neutral low sheen easy coat in Black Forest . Before I decided on this colour I bought a few sample pots and painted pieces of cardboard to see how the colours looked against the wood and artwork. I highly recommend this as the colour I originally chose were too 'bland' and I realised I needed a specific blue hue with a touch of green.

Re: Moody bedroom makeover

@Tocikjaa I got it from Forty Winks. I preferred this than the other bed bases by the other bed companies in my area. 😁

Thank you so much @Mel_Langford  for the info AND the screenshot!  So thoughtful of you!  And that price is right up my ally!  🤗👏🙏🏻

... I just had a look and it's black & white 😫😪  I thought it was grey & white.  I'll just have to 'force' myself to go to their store and see what other bargains they have! 🤣

Again, thanks for the great  tip! 🌞

Brilliant! Thanks for sharing that information 🙂

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects