Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to stop Venetian blinds banging in the wind?

Bettie
Getting Established

How to stop Venetian blinds banging in the wind?

Venetian blinds in bedroom, blow in the wind and are noisy - can they be easily 'attached' to stop them from banging?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: My Venetian blinds are noisy

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Bettie. It's brilliant to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about attaching Venetian blinds.

If you could add an image of the bottom of your Venetian blinds and the window sill, that might give our members some ideas of how to attach them easily. Let me know if you need a hand uploading images.

Do you raise and lower the blinds, or do they stay down most of the time? If they stay lowered, a couple of screws through the lower section of the blind into the window sill would keep them in place. Alternatively, weighting that section might also help them resist being blown in the wind. Another option might be adding some adhesive Velcro to the bottom of the blind and the window sill. When the blind is pulled down it can be attached to the Velcro, stopping its movement.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Dave-1
Home Improvement Guru

Re: How to stop Venetian blinds banging in the wind?

Afternoon @Bettie 

When I was thinking about "the venetian blinds banging" I could actually hear that noise! lol

Velcro was on my list as well but I just had a squiz on you tube and saw someone was used the little furniture /timber floor protection dots on the back of the bottom bar of the blinds, reducing the "banging sound" Furniture Surface Protection 

Id also like to offer a warm welcome also :smile: If you do try it would love to see a photo of how it worked :smile:

Dave

Bettie
Getting Established

Dear @Dave-1 ,

Luckily, we have some of those self-adhesive furniture protection squares in our ‘junk drawer’. Have applied them and now await some wind to move the blinds.  Will report back (with photo) if a welcome silence results. 

Thanks for your help.

Bettie

Bettie
Getting Established

See attached photos of 'Fix' for noisy Venetian blinds.IMG_0820.jpgIMG_0819.jpgIMG_0818.jpg

Dave-1
Home Improvement Guru

Afternoon @Bettie 

Brilliant! :smile: how have the been with reducing the banging?

Dave

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Bettie 

I'm curious as well to find out if the Velcro spots have helped reduce the banging. If you feel you need a longer strip, I suggest looking at VELCRO Brand 25mm x 1m White Stick On Hook and Loop Tape which should provide you with more holding power.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects