Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How I built a study desk for under $200

BrentDavid
Getting Established

How I built a study desk for under $200

Hi. I’m not a tradie, just a bit of a basic D.I.Y.er. Here’s how I built a study desk for my son just starting uni for under $200 plus a bit of time. Bought it all from the big green shed, Specrite timber panel, 5-710x50mm Adoored legs, Syneco cable duct. Extra stuff was varnish left over from another job, plus some longer screws from my scraps bin. Chuffed how it turned out, thanks team Brendale, especially Gavin with his friendly encouragement. 

77B2AC70-85B9-425F-BBA8-CC9D5141A76A.jpegD310B60A-C7B7-44E1-AB9F-50E5417C6E10.jpegAF9306F8-BC70-4DC2-A9E5-2DB05B06D203.png

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: build a study desk

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @BrentDavid. It's fabulous to have you join us, and many thanks for sharing your amazing project.

You've done a sensational job creating this table, and I love that you've gone to the extra effort of installing the cable ducting. Was it difficult to install or cut the timber out for the insert?

That live edge timber is certainly unique, and I'd really like to complete a project with it. I might need to knock myself up a new desk just like yours! 👍

I look forward to seeing what project you tackle next.

Well done.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: build a study desk

No, not difficult fitting the cable duct. Just need to be able to identify exactly where to fit, measure, & cut accurately. Just drilled a hole close to the edge of the cutout, then used a jig saw to cut, using sandpaper to take the rough spots out. I loved how the clear varnish brought the grain out. Cheers Mitch

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects