Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Can I lay my own 8mm World Oak click clack type of flooring?

Cazmanners72
Just Starting Out

Can I lay my own 8mm World Oak click clack type of flooring?

I have 2 bedrooms to floor. I have already purchased the flooring. 

9sqm and 16 sqm 

The quotes I'm getting seem high. 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Can I lay my own 8mm World Oak click clack type of flooring?

Hi @Cazmanners72,

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. We're pleased to have you join us. 

I would recommend you have a good look at the Bunnings steo-by-step guide How to lay laminate flooring. It is a comprehensive guide and includes a video. 

You could then come back to the community and ask any specific questions you have about the installation process. 

You might also like to let us know what flooring do the rooms currently have, and do you know what is underneath? Also, what is your current level of D.I.Y. experience and confidence? We're certainly happy to help.

Here's an inspiring project to also have a good look at: D.I.Y. flooring using adhesive vinyl over tiles by @diy_hausdesigns 

Hope that helps get you started. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Cazmanners72 

Thanks for sharing your question about installing your own laminate flooring. 

I suggest having a look at this discussion - D.I.Y. floating laminate floor installation by @mich1972. This is an excellent example of a well-planned laminate flooring installation. From carpet removal, flooring repair and the measurement of flooring pieces. There are excellent reference photos on how the tools were used and how the flooring was cut and laid out.

I recommend watching the Bunnings installation video and reading the suggested links. It is an exciting project to be undertaking and I invite you to take that first step into D.I.Y. flooring installation. Draw up a step-by-step list for yourself to keep you on track and if you run into things you're not quite sure about, post a question in the community. We'll be more than happy to provide advice and information.      

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
mich1972
Kind of a Big Deal

Good morning and thank you for tagging me and your kind words @EricL 

@Cazmanners72Good morning and welcome to the Workshop Community 😊 We did our own floating floor ourselves in the living room. I will also advise that you watch the few Bunnings videos on YouTube that show you step by step instructions on floating floors. That’s how we learnt. 
My advice is to measure the room correctly, add 10% extra for cuts, mistakes . Trust me it happens. Have a plan, sketch it out. It’s well worth it. Good luck !!!!!!!! 😃

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects