Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Need help choosing the correct adaptor type/size for plumbed fridge

BobM
Just Starting Out

Need help choosing the correct adaptor type/size for plumbed fridge

Hi all, we have bought a new fridge that needs plumbing, but the attachment is smaller than our tap. What adaptor would I need to make this work? Pictures attached for reference. White fitting is from the old fridge, brass one is from the new fridge. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance. 

DSC_0494.JPG

DSC_0496.JPG

DSC_0493.JPG

DSC_0492.JPG

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Need help choosing the correct adaptor type/size for plumbed fridge

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @BobM. It's fantastic to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about attaching a fridge to a water source.

It appears that your tap has a 25mm thread, and your new fitting is around 20mm. I suggest picking up one of these Brasshards 25 x 20mm Brass Male / Female Threaded Reducing Adaptors to check to see whether it will suit. 

As this is considered plumbing work, you'll need to employ the service of a professional for the installation and connection.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thank you, I'll give that a go. 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @BobM 

Please keep us updated with your progress, we look forward to seeing your fridge line connected and ready for use.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects