Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to restore shine to dull kitchen sink?

Minitots101
Building a Reputation

How to restore shine to dull kitchen sink?

My question is, will Autosol 50g Shine Chrome And Metal Polish, give a long-lasting shine to my dull kitchen sink?   Will 3M 200g Stainless Steel Polish do the same job?, that is give a long-lasting (6 months worth) of polish?

dull-looking kitch sinkdull-looking kitch sink

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Shine my Kitchen Sink

Hi @Minitots101 

I've seen how Autosol 75ml Chrome And Metal Polish and 3M 200g Stainless Steel Cleaner And Polish work at the store as we use them to polish our rangehoods and ovens. However, it is difficult to estimate how long the polish will last in a kitchen sink situation. I suppose the buildup on the sink is caused by food and soap residue. I've noticed that when you let Autosol to sit on the surface for a while, it actually loosens up surface stains.

I recommend trying Autosol first and if you are not satisfied with its performance, you can then try 3M Polish. 

Please make sure to wear personal protection such as gloves and goggles. Make sure to follow the safety instructions printed on the packaging.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric 

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Minitots101
Building a Reputation

Re: Shine my Kitchen Sink

Eric - Truly many thanks - I will take your advice and try it the way you mention!!  Autosol first.😊

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects