Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to replace kitchen faucet?

Patricktseng
Just Starting Out

How to replace kitchen faucet?

IMG_5943.jpeg

IMG_5942.jpeg

IMG_5941.jpeg

 hi, I going replace my kitchen faucet. Please advise how do I disconnect the water supply before installing the new faucet.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: replace kitchen faucet

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Patricktseng. It's sensational to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about disconnecting a faucet.

To disconnect the water supply before installing your new kitchen faucet, start by clearing the area under the sink, locate the hot and cold water supply lines connected to the faucet, and turn off the corresponding valves by rotating them clockwise. Open the faucet to release any remaining pressure, then use pliers or an adjustable wrench to disconnect the supply lines, catching any drips with a bucket or towels. Inspect for leaks or damage, proceed with faucet installation, and after completion, turn the water supply valves counterclockwise to restore water flow, testing for leaks. If any issues arise or if you're uncertain, consider turning off the main water supply to ensure a smooth faucet replacement process.

Please be advised that this could be considered plumbing work and might require a licensed plumber depending on your location.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects