Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to remove sliding drawer under kitchen sink?

robv
Finding My Feet

How to remove sliding drawer under kitchen sink?

I can't figure out how to remove the drawer. I need to fixed a loose faucet and the drawer is in the way. I took pictures of the sliding parts of it to see if you had experience on these before.

WhatsApp Image 2024-03-19 at 8.56.39 AM (1).jpegWhatsApp Image 2024-03-19 at 8.56.39 AM (2).jpegWhatsApp Image 2024-03-19 at 8.56.39 AM.jpeg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to remove sliding drawer under kitchen sink?

Hello @robv 

Would it be possible for you to post a photo of the side and bottom of the drawer runner? This will give our members a better idea of how the runner is situated. We can then make recommendations on how to remove it.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
robv
Finding My Feet

WhatsApp Image 2024-03-19 at 3.32.46 PM.jpegWhatsApp Image 2024-03-19 at 3.32.55 PM.jpegb3609abb-03a8-4592-bed0-67f4fc6268be.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @robv 

Thanks for sharing those extra photos of your drawer. I suspect that your drawer is fixed and can't be taken apart. Instead, I suggest looking at the bottom and looking for locking screws, these screws once removed will allow you to lift the front of the drawer.

I've placed a sketch below to give you an idea of how the drawer could be removed. 

Please give it a try and let me know if it works.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects