Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix empty space between oven and cabinet?

Briseida
Just Starting Out

How to fix empty space between oven and cabinet?

Hi everyone. I need some help on how to fix an empty space between oven and cabinet. I replaced the existing buil-in, with a new one and it wasnt possible to find in same dimensions. Now there is a space between top of the oven and cabinet (photo). Any suggestion how to fix it? Thanks

1000022902.jpg

1000022903.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Fix empty space oven and cabinet

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Briseida. It's brilliant to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about closing a gap in cabinetry.

If the oven was lifted up, would it cover the gap? If so, it's likely better to have the gap at the bottom than at eye level. Either way, a section of CUSTOMpine 16 x 1200 x 295mm E1L Shelving White Carcass Matt Particleboard Standard can be cut down to suit the gap and glued or screwed into position. Screws can then be covered with screw caps.

Please observe any manufacturer warnings on air gaps or enclosing the area.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi Mitchell,

Thank for you fast reply.

I checked manufacturer warnings and it says that air gap have to be open.

Any other solution?

Regards,

Briseida

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

So, the space at the top is a required airgap @Briseida? I've often seen that there needs to be an air gap around the oven chassis, between it and the cabinetry, but I don't think I've come across many ovens that state they need an open air gap at the front. If this is a requirement, you wouldn't be able to fill over it with a solid piece of timber. The only option I can see there is some type of mesh or the like. Perhaps the manufacturer has some guidance on how this airgap can be made to look more pleasing to the eye, maybe they offer a trim piece.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects