Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix a swivel tap?

Rdonair
Growing in Experience

How to fix a swivel tap?

IMG_7124.jpeg

I have found my kitchen swivel tap has come loose - top and bottom not moving as one. I have a tube wrench set for tightening the bit under the sink, but the top moves a bit too when I do it and so does not tighten. Is there a way to secure the tap so it won't move while I'm working underneath? Don't have anyone to come and hold the top

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to fix a swivel tap?

Hi @Rdonair,

The nut underneath should still tighten regardless of whether the top moves or not. However, the issue you should run into is that when it eventually tightens, the tap might not be centred correctly. To correct this, I would tighten the nut just to the point of becoming tight. Jump back up and align the tap to the correct orientation. Tighten a little more and check alignment again. At some point, the top will stop moving, and you can tighten the nut fully.

If the nut does not tighten at all, then there might be something else going on here. You can also try putting something in the sink, like a bucket full of water, that prevents the spout from turning.

Let me know how you go and if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Rdonair
Growing in Experience

Re: How to fix a swivel tap?

Thank you Mitchell. I'll give it a try today.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects