Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Why are my tomato plants not growing more fruit?

balaji27
Building a Reputation

Why are my tomato plants not growing more fruit?

Hello Team,

Hope you all had an excellent Christmas.

This is regarding my tomato plants, I noticed that new tomatoes are not produced in my plants compared to two months before. Is it normal or some issues with my plants? Please advise.

Best regards

Balaji.

balaji27
Building a Reputation

Re: Tomatoes

Thanks a lot @MitchellMc for the prompt response.

How can I check if it is over fertilized and is there a way to reduce it?

Thanks,

Balaji.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

How much have you been fertilising @balaji27? Was it done at the prescribed rates and time periods?

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
balaji27
Building a Reputation

Yes, I follow the instructions provided in the pack. Moreover, I harvested tomatoes which are started almost same time or just before and they were ripen. If the soil is over-fertilized, then I shouldn't be able to harvest other tomatoes as well, am I right??

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Perhaps they just need more time to ripen @balaji27

Are they receiving the same hours of sunlight as they were earlier in the season? Are they being overshadowed now, and weren't earlier on?

How many tomatoes are on this plant? If there are many, the plant might have difficulties ripening them all at the same time.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
balaji27
Building a Reputation

Thanks @MitchellMc . Yes I reckon they have been getting enough sunlight, not really overshadowed. There are about 10-12 different size tomatoes at the moment. I will wait for it to ripen. Thanks Balaji.

balaji27
Building a Reputation

Tomato Plant

Hello Team,

I have a tomato plant and winter is setting up, please advise should I keep this plant and will tomatoes grow. Bottom portion leaves look pale and top ones are greener, is it worth maintaining it? Thanks Balaji.20240413_081000.jpg20240413_080956.jpg

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects