Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Treatment for common rose pests & diseases

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Treatment for common rose pests & diseases

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @ashk123. It's brilliant to have you join us, and many thanks for sharing your recommendations.

It looks like you got just about everything covered there. Perhaps you might like to tell our members new to gardening a little bit about why you've made those choices, why they work well for you and any advantages they have over other products. I'm sure that information would be quite valuable to anyone looking to grow roses or dealing with current issues. Also, could we see a few images of your roses? I'm sure they are beautiful!

I look forward to hearing your advice and seeing the projects you have going on around the house and garden.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi,

I have spotted caterpillar like insect that is making holes in rose flower buds and damage the flower before it blooms.

Screenshot_20231212_162156_Photos.jpg

20231212_152542.jpg

What is the best way to treat the insect?

Thanks.

Hey @ArifNasim , welcome to the community, and I'm sorry to hear about the pest infestation on your roses. 

The good thing is there's an easy solution

I'm pretty sure that's a budworm (obvious name since it goes for the buds).

I'd use this Yates Natures Way  This is a safe insecticide, and won't affect the good bugs that hopefully eat the pests.

If you don't want to use the powder, try Yates Insect Control   Both solutions are available at Bunnings.

BTW, I'd check all of your rosebuds, and look for caterpillars on other plants nearby.

You might have lost that rosebud unfortunately

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects