Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Can you use soil wetta over wood chips?

janset
Finding My Feet

Can you use soil wetta over wood chips?

Can liquid and granular soil wetta be used over wood chips in my garden?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Using soil wetta on my garden.

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @janset. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about using Wettasoil.

Both Amgrow 10kg Wettasoil Professional Granular Soil Wetter and Amgrow 2L Wettasoil Professional Hose-On Soil Wetter can be applied over mulch. More so, sometimes, that is advised as the mulch itself can become hydrophobic.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thank you MitchellMc, I looked at that online and the reviews worried me. I don't want to risk loosing my plants which are really starting to move now that I have redone all my gardens. Are any of the other Wettasoil  product brands any good with mulch?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @janset,

On hot days, if the liquid version is applied to foliage, including a lawn, and is not watered in well, it can sit on the leaves and create a magnifying effect. This effect, along with hot summer days, can burn leaves. So, if you are going with the hose-on version, I suggest you do it over a few cool days or water it in well after application. The hose-on version and granular are designed to reach the soil, not sit on plant leaves. If you are concerned, I'd recommend you go with the granular version, which doesn't have this issue as you water it in after application. 

All other brands are fine with mulch, too. Remember that all the hose-on versions will have this magnifying effect, so try to avoid spraying foliage and apply directly to the mulch or soil.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Very helpful, I will take your advice. Thank you.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects