Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix my lawn?

mort57
Finding My Feet

How to fix my lawn?

20231121_083111.jpg

Screenshot_20231121_180833_Gallery.jpg

 what products would I need thanks

Akanksha
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: How to fix my lawn?

A warm welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community, @mort57. We're delighted to have you join us and look forward to seeing and assisting you with your D.I.Y. projects around your home and garden.

Thank you for your question. I'm sure our resident D.I.Y. expert @EricL will be able to provide useful advice on how to revive your lawn when he's back online on the site later today. 

While waiting, I recommend checking out these helpful guides written by horticulturalist @Adam_WHow to detect lawn problems and How to repair a lawn.

You might also like to take a look at this popular project Lawn renovation by @homeinmelbourne which includes comprehensive details on how to revive a lawn, including the products used. 

Hope this helps.

Akanksha

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to fix my lawn?

Hello @mort57 

This is a very popular question and there have been a few discussions regarding lawn care. I suggest having a quick look at these posts - How to revive my lawn? by @MikaRJ and How to revive grass? by @Samnet

I believe that one of the most important things you can do for the health of your lawn is to aerate the soil. This allows for deeper water penetration and allows oxygen to reach the roots. Once you've aerated the soil, I propose applying Scotts Lawn Builder 15kg All Purpose Slow-Release Lawn Fertiliser and then adding top dress to the surface of your lawn. 

Here are some handy step-by-step guides:

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

mort57
Finding My Feet

How to fix yellowing front lawn?

Hi I have fixed my back lawn  thanks for the help 

.new problem out front any advise be great  thanks

20231213_072001.jpg

20231213_071910.jpg

20231211_064252.jpg

20231212_080955.jpg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to fix yellowing front lawn?

Your lawn looks incredible to me @mort57!

I would just advise to keep following the advice shared above in How to take care of your lawn and enjoy it.

Jason

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects