Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to save my transplanted tomato plant?

bisma
Finding My Feet

How to save my transplanted tomato plant?

hi

I was on holidays for two months meanwhile my tomato plants roots went out of pot  in soil and survived and grew some tomatoes and it was bushy so i transferred it into the gardenbed and put stand to help it branches but now after three days leaf started turning yellow now what can i do to save my  plant?

17073559783097055134368913451535.jpg

robchin
Becoming a Leader

Re: tomato

Hi @bisma 

Good that your plant survived. I suspect that your plant is suffering from transplant shock. It is a relatively large plant to transplant. It should be OK but keep it well watered and if you haven't put some plant starter on it as per the instructions. A product like this one: Seasol 1.2L Seaweed Health Tonic Concentrate - Bunnings Australia

Thanks @robchin

No i didn't put plant starter .

I do have charlie carp fertilizer should i go for it or seasol one you told me and one more question should i remove yellow leaves .

Thanks

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @bisma 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about your tomato plant. 

It's great that you've received excellent advice from @robchin. I totally agree with the diagnosis of transplant shock. It's ok to use Charlie Carp if that's what you have on hand. If the leaves are brown and dead, that would be the time to take them off the plant. 

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
bisma
Finding My Feet

Thanks eric appreciated

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @bisma,

I'd go with half the recommended dosage with the Carlie Carp. Unlike Seasol, which is a health tonic, Charlie Carp is a fertiliser. A stressed plant is not looking for fertiliser. By halving the recommended dosage, it will be kinder on the roots and plant, but Seasol is really what you need.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects