Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Suggestions for a battery lawn mower and line trimmer for buffalo grass?

TAL
Just Starting Out

Suggestions for a battery lawn mower and line trimmer for buffalo grass?

I want to buy battery lawn mower that cut Buffalo grass below 20mm.

Also i need to buy battery line Trimmer that can cut Buffalo grass clean line edge not Edge machine.

Akanksha
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: Suggestions for a battery lawn mower and line trimmer for buffalo grass?

A warm welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community, @TAL. We're delighted to have you join us and look forward to assisting you with your home improvement and garden projects. 

Many thanks for your question. I'm sure our ever-helpful community members and D.I.Y. experts will be able to provide some advice and recommendations on the types of garden tools best suited for your needs. 

In the meantime, I wanted to share the following guides and resources that you might find useful as you search for the right tools: 

Hope this helps. 

Akanksha

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Suggestions for a battery lawn mower and line trimmer for buffalo grass?

A big welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community from me, @TAL!

Cutting many grasses to 20mm would be considered exceptionally short and only really done on a periodic basis if you were purposely trying to scalp the lawn to remove thatched areas. Cutting buffalo grass below 25mm can lead to root stress, increased weed growth, reduced drought tolerance, and decreased resilience to stressors like foot traffic and disease. Buffalo grass benefits from slightly taller heights, typically 25mm to 50mm, promoting healthier growth, better weed suppression, improved moisture retention, and overall lawn vitality.

Our Ryobi 36V lawnmowers would be up to the task, but their height adjustment is between 25-100mm. If you could deal with the extra 5mm, then the Ryobi 36V line trimmers would also be a great companion product.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects