Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to revive this Woolly Bush?

Gerri
Finding My Feet

How to revive this Woolly Bush?

152ED73B-3168-4454-908B-265ACC36F35E.jpeg

My neighbour asked me to look after her plant, it was quiet sick on arrival and it did have some little black bugs on it.  It looks dead now🥴. Apart from a miracle is there anything I can do to bring it back to health🙏

Akanksha
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: How to revive this Woolly Bush?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community, @Gerri. It's a pleasure to have you join us and many thanks for your question about reviving a Woolly Bush.

Let me mention our experts @Noelle@mich1972 and @EricL for their thoughts. 

While waiting, you might want to check out Noelle's comprehensive guide How to diagnose a sick plant for advice on identifying common issues that afflict plants in case it helps. 

Akanksha

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Noelle
Kind of a Big Deal

Hi @Gerri 

Sorry, but it looks terminal in my opinion. There's not a hint of green to be seen so I think anything you tried to do to revive it would be futile, sorry!

mich1972
Kind of a Big Deal

Sorry @Gerri, I agree with @Noelle. Your Woolly Bush has died.

Spud_Mc_Fuddy
Getting Established

Your mission, should you choose to accept it is buy another plant and not tell her. Just say you had to give it a prune. Put it in the same pot and hope this thread expires five minutes before she sees it. 😚 You could try giving it a prune, repotting it. Keep it watered daily and feed it. You may like to use a diluted spraying oil but be careful if you didn't water it or left it outside to get too hot because that can kill it. To be honest though, it may be past revival.

Yates Nature's Way Organic Citrus, Vegie & Ornamental Spray

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects