Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Glass brick and marble letter box and walls

Jewelleryrescue
Kind of a Big Deal

Glass brick and marble letter box and walls

Besser and marble retaining  garden wallBesser and marble retaining garden wallCurved marble  and besser garden wallCurved marble and besser garden wallBesser blocks capped with marble tiilesBesser blocks capped with marble tiiles

30M garden wall in marble30M garden wall in marble

I  have gone crazy  with the white marble I dont  know  do you think this is to much for a street front?  

The  letter box is in progress and the next level will have glass bricks (with a solar light inside) in it the next level up will have Bunnings  built in letter box A4 size.  The next level up might also be glass bricks  with lights inside I  had  power run too the letter

box too just in case I wanted to use 240v lights . The final level will be sloped roof matching my house roof pitch.

I made the cement footing  400x 400mm square  re-enforced concrete ( you see so many brick fences collapse not mine)

Straight wall made from  cheap  besser  blocks 190 x 390mm half  filled with cement and rubble afterwards a good way to get rid of broken bricks and building rubble.

I made the curved wall out besser  1/2 thin 90 x 390 I cut some  bricks in to 3 pieces for the curve sections and the outer tiles segmented to  match  the besser flats and approximate a  curved wall.  

The close up of the letter box shows the inner besser core with some marble cladding.

I will add final picture of letter box later.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Glass brick and Marble letter box and walls

Love it @Jewelleryrescue! I certainly don't think it's too much marble, and I really like the look you're achieving there.

I can't wait to see the letterbox, as the illuminated glass bricks sound amazing.

Many thanks for sharing your progress.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jewelleryrescue
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Glass brick and marble letter box and walls

Well I have being on the tools over winter  advancing projects as  far and fast  as I can managed to get a  bit do in between unintentional hot water heaters blow ups,. and a longer story there that lead me to newest solar panel technology with micro inverters not the standard string panels and inverters still pending installation.

So  have completed the letter box  project and added a  twin on the other side of the drive way as per one of my neighbors suggestions.

It has accessable  working Led lights it is a  block shape but I thinks works in well with the wall the curvey walls inside the property.

I even had people from tiles shops drop by to see the use of marble tiles which was surpising they should be interested.

IMG_4318.JPGIMG_4319.JPG

IMG_4317.JPGIMG_4521.JPG

Cheapie solar path lightsCheapie solar path lights

Afternoon @Jewelleryrescue 

Love your fence! Serioulsy when I saw the marble I went "niiiice" And I generally dont go for marble or tile surfaces :smile: It looks classy without being tacky is the best way I can descrivbe it right down to the glass bricks lighting up! Nice idea there :smile:

Thats come up really nice

Dave

Hi   @Dave-1

I am glad you for saying you liked the marble and ideas  i had 50m2 and had to use it up in fact laid my last tile 2 days ago in an entertaining area as a floor tile featured  later. Back  breaking  work to beat the heat.  So I adds a bit of a  front/ back yard carry through.

I like your comments you  being making on peoples post good work your self.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects